Being in the presence of the KING puts you in preparation to go before the king!
Today’s reading: Esther 1-5.
Much is made of the absence of God’s name in the book of Esther. He is the secret agent working behind the scenes, through his providence, to provide everything that is needed to save the Jews from destruction.
- He creates a vacancy in the position of queen for King Xerxes.
- Esther, a Jew, wins that title.
- Esther’s guardian, Mordecai, finds a place in the king’s court and also is able to save the king from an assassination attempt.
- When Haman, offended by Mordecai, schemes to kill all the Jews, he uses the casting of lots to set the date. By providence the date is set for almost a year later, giving time for action to save the Jews.
- Esther and Mordecai are positioned at high levels in the government to be able to intervene on behalf of their kinsmen.
And that’s only the first half of…
View original post 227 more words